The CMU 2016 spring project, surThrive created a PC-based game, "Pause" that uses collage of multimedia to explore the misconception of disaster victims.
- Create an artistic experience that displays a spectrum of metaphors, built around the topic of disaster
- Analyze each designs, explain the reason why or why not the message get across.
- Game design process is documented and researched by HCII, CMU
- Summarize our findings of do’s and don’t’s in taking an artistic/alternative route for future ETC projects
- Team: 5 people
- Duration: 15 Weeks
- Technology: PC with non-traditional media player interface as game control
- In collaboration with Human Computer Interaction Institute (HCII), CMU
- As internal producer, managed the production process using agile
- As artist, designed the branding materials including poster, half sheet and logo
- Designed various levels/challenges for the game